Gnocchi with Fava Beans, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Sweet Bell Pepper
A lovely colorful meal and so tasty. It would be easy to make this for a Christmas meal as it is so red and green, but it tastes great any time of the year. We have often cooked this as a camping meal as it is so easy to make but also enjoy it at home of course with some fresh salad.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams gnocchi
- 250 grams fava beans
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut in very small pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced very fine and minced into small pieces
- 12 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (or the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar)
- Italian herbs
- garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful non-dairy shredded cheese as garnish
- basil leaves as garnish and seasoning
- De-seed the bell pepper and cut into small pieces.
- Remove the skin from the onion and slice thinly.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Remove the outer skins from the cooked fava beans.
- Julienne the basil leaves, set some aside as garnish.
- Bring a large pot of salty water to boil for the gnocchi.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for a few minutes, until they begin to float.
- Alternatively, place 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, cooking oil or margarine in a non-stick pan, and cook the gnocchi until crispy light brown.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil, and sauté the bell pepper pieces, while they are cooking, add the red onion pieces.
- Sauté both until just soft
- Add the sun-dried tomato pieces.
add the gnocchi to the sautéed vegetables.
- Mix well so that the gnocchi are well seasoned.
- Add the Italian seasonings, garlic salt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the fava beans and cook until all are warmed.
- Serve the meal garnished with Italian herbs or grated soy cheese if wished.