Easy Vegan Spicy Peanut Soup with Fresh Mung Bean Sprouts
This is a vegan adaptation of a popular African recipe. It is simplified and for a nice crunchy twist, fresh mung bean sprouts are added just before serving.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs. oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 liter vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- splash Tabasco
- pinch salt
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 100 grams fresh mung bean sprouts
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan. Add the chopped onions and saute until glassy.
- Add the garlic and lightly brown.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and the peanut butter and stir well to mix.
- Add the tomato paste and spices and allow to simmer until warm and well blended.
- Season to taste with salt, Tabasco and a pinch of sugar.
- Just before serving add the fresh mung bean sprouts do not cook the bean sprouts, as their crunchiness adds a nice contrast to the smooth spiciness of the soup.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.