Green Asparagus Salad with Soy Yogurt/Melon Dressing
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 20 grams sprouts (alfalfa, onion or beet)
- 100 grams melon or cantaloupe flesh
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- salt and pepper
- soy bacon bits (optional)
- Gently wash the asparagus and cut the length so that you have the longest, tenderest part.
- Cook the asparagus in lightly salted water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked al dente.
- Immediately put the asparagus in cold water to stop the cooking. They can then be put in the refrigerator to be kept cool until serving.
- Make the dressing by pureeing the the melon and adding the soy yogurt.
- This is a very delicate mild dressing. You may want to add a pinch of fresh chopped mint leaves.
- Serve the asparagus on a plate with the sprouts sprinkled on top and the dressing drizzled over.
- As a contrast you could also optionally shake soy bacon bits over the salad.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.