Green Asparagus Salad with Soy Yogurt/Melon Dressing
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 20 grams sprouts (alfalfa, onion or beet)
- 100 grams melon or cantaloupe flesh
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- salt and pepper
- soy bacon bits (optional)
- Gently wash the asparagus and cut the length so that you have the longest, tenderest part.
- Cook the asparagus in lightly salted water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked al dente.
- Immediately put the asparagus in cold water to stop the cooking. They can then be put in the refrigerator to be kept cool until serving.
- Make the dressing by pureeing the the melon and adding the soy yogurt.
- This is a very delicate mild dressing. You may want to add a pinch of fresh chopped mint leaves.
- Serve the asparagus on a plate with the sprouts sprinkled on top and the dressing drizzled over.
- As a contrast you could also optionally shake soy bacon bits over the salad.