Rice pudding with rhubarb raisin sauce
The sweet sour mixture of the rhubarb raisin sauce is a lovely compliment to this rice pudding.
Serving Size: 2
for the rice pudding
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1&1/4 cup natural or vanilla soy milk
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 2 cap full vanilla
for the rhubarb raisin sauce
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb , cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- lemon juice
To make the rice pudding:
- Put the rice, soy milk, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan.
- Cook, stirring over a medium heat until the pudding thickens and the rice is soft. (about 10 minutes)
- Put the rice pudding in a small bowl or form.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
For the rhubarb raisin sauce.
- Wash the rhubarb and cut off the leaves as they are poisonous.
- Slice the rhubarb into small pieces.
- Place in a non-aluminum sauce pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over them, add the sugar and a splash of lemon juice.
- Cook the rhubarb until it becomes soft.
- Put the rhubarb mass in a blender and puree to make a smoother mixture.
- Put a handful or 2 of raisins in the warm rhubarb sauce and allow to swell.
Turn the cooled rice pudding forms out onto a dish.
Pour the rhubarb raisin mixture over the top and enjoy.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.