Rice pudding with rhubarb raisin sauce
The sweet sour mixture of the rhubarb raisin sauce is a lovely compliment to this rice pudding.
Serving Size: 2
for the rice pudding
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1&1/4 cup natural or vanilla soy milk
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 2 cap full vanilla
for the rhubarb raisin sauce
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb , cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- lemon juice
To make the rice pudding:
- Put the rice, soy milk, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan.
- Cook, stirring over a medium heat until the pudding thickens and the rice is soft. (about 10 minutes)
- Put the rice pudding in a small bowl or form.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
For the rhubarb raisin sauce.
- Wash the rhubarb and cut off the leaves as they are poisonous.
- Slice the rhubarb into small pieces.
- Place in a non-aluminum sauce pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over them, add the sugar and a splash of lemon juice.
- Cook the rhubarb until it becomes soft.
- Put the rhubarb mass in a blender and puree to make a smoother mixture.
- Put a handful or 2 of raisins in the warm rhubarb sauce and allow to swell.
Turn the cooled rice pudding forms out onto a dish.
Pour the rhubarb raisin mixture over the top and enjoy.