These are lovely and light muffins that have a distinctively lemony flavor. They are quick and easy to make and very tasty.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- for the tops:
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners, spray the papers with a spray baking oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy yogurt, oil, lemon juice and egg replacer.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.
Dipping the Tops:
When the muffins are cool, dip each muffin in the lemon juice, then the vegan margarine followed by the sugar sugar.
adapted from All Recipes