These are lovely and light muffins that have a distinctively lemony flavor. They are quick and easy to make and very tasty.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- for the tops:
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners, spray the papers with a spray baking oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy yogurt, oil, lemon juice and egg replacer.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just blended.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack.
Dipping the Tops:
When the muffins are cool, dip each muffin in the lemon juice, then the vegan margarine followed by the sugar sugar.
adapted from All Recipes
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.