Szechuan green beans
A bright and spicy way to enjoy fresh green beans.
Serving Size: 2
- 400 grams green beans, sliced
- 2-3 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. tahini
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. ginger pureed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbs. water
- sesame seeds as garnish
- Wash the green beans. cut off the stem part and slice them.
- If you have a bean frencher you can cut them lengthwise otherwise slice them in nice diagonal cuts.
- Heat the oil in a pan, when the oil is hot, add the beans and garlic and saute until al dente.
- Meanwhile, make a sauce from the rest of the ingredients.
- When ready to serve generously drizzle the sauce over the beans and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
There are many different versions of this recipe. Here are a few:
The main difference is that we prefer the fresh green beans, saute them lightly in the oil until aldente and then make a sauce to put over them from the rest of the ingredients and we garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.