Three-bean salad with spicy salsa verde dressing
Three bean salad with a difference. Well, I do believe this just became our #1 salad. This is so vibrant and green and so full of flavor! Not only is this recipe a “keeper”, but also an “often-er”.
Serving Size: 2
- 3/4 cup fava beans
- 50 g sugar snap bean pods
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and washed
for the salsa verde dressing:
- 1 medium green chili (deseeded)
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or lemon flavored sunflower oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- Take the fava beans out of their pods and cook them in salt water for 3 minutes.
- Plunge them immediately in some cold water.
- Slip them out of their thick white shells and place in a salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, blanche the sugar snap pods in salt water for 1 to 2 minutes, drain and refresh.
- Add them to the salad bowl, along with the rinsed kidney beans.
- To prepare the dressing, put all the ingredients in a food processor to produce a smooth paste.
- Serve the salad on a plate with the dressing drizzled over.