Salad of pumpkin and chestnuts with soy cheese
This colorful salad is a nice light compliment to any vegan dinner.
Serving Size: 8
- 1 pomegranate
- 300 grams pumpkin, sliced thinly and steamed
- 175 grams mixed salad greens
- 200 grams soy cheese, cut in small squares
- 200 grams chestnuts, ready to eat, from vacuum pack or canned, cut in halves and quarters
- 1 spring onions, cut in small rings
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 6 Tbs. fine olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Cut the steamed pumpkin in very fine strips or pieces.
- Mix the salad greens, pumpkin pieces, soy cheese, and chestnuts together in a large salad bowl.
- Make a light dressing from the olive oil and white wine vinegar, with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad and mix.