Garlicky green beans with lemon
Fresh is the key to this lovely side dish.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams fresh green beans
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- If the green beans are young, you can leave them whole, and just trim of the stem edge.
- I prefer to steam then, only until they are al dente.
- Meanwhile, slice the garlic very thinly.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot, drop the garlic in and stir until the garlic becomes golden. Be careful to watch the garlic, as it only takes a couple of minutes, and you don’t want to brown it.
- Zest the lemon and after zesting, juice it.
- Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper and lemon zest (reserving a bit as garnish) pour over the green beans and mix well.
- Serve warm.