Brussels Sprouts with Red Onion and Pomegranate
This bright and healthy dish tastes great, and is really easy to make. The sweet pomegranate seeds really add a nice sweetness to the Brussels sprouts.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 Lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbs. soy margarine or Earth Balance
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Pomegranate, seeded
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and clean the Brussels sprouts.
- Remove dark damaged outer leaves and slice in half.
- Steam the Brussels sprouts until soft. Take care to not over cook them as they loose their bright green color. It will only take 5-10 minutes to steam them.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion.
- Melt the soy margarine in a small pan and sauté the onion until soft and glassy.
- Open the pomegranate and remove the seeds, carefully remove the white bits also.
- When the sprouts are done, place them in a bow.
- Drizzle the sauteed onions over them and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and once again toss to mix.
- Serve the sprouts garnished with pomegranate seeds.