Spinach & Sundried Tomato Windmills
These tasty savory windmills are great as a lunch or appetizer. They’d also be great finger food for a party.
Yield: 10 windmills
- 1 package vegan puff pastry (10 sheets), thawed
- 1 package (450 grams) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 tsp. sun-dried tomato tapenade
- Preheat the oven to 215 C (420 F) or whatever the package of puff pastry indicates.
- Thaw the spinach in a sieve.
- Place the thawed spinach in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Mix together.
- Place the thawed puff pastry on a cooky sheet with baking parchment or silicone.
- Carefully put a teaspoonful of the spinach on each of the 4 corners of every pieces of puff pastry.
- Bring the spinach almost to the center but mot completely.
- Place a small amount of sun-dried tomato tapenade in the center of each puff pastry.
- Carefully cut each corner of the puff pastry from the corner toward the center, but not all the way to the center.
- You can use a knife or possibly a pizza cutter.
- Take the right hand piece of each corner and gently fold it to the center.
- Do this to each of the corners.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place 1/2 of a cherry tomato in the center of each windmill.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Making Spinach & Sundried Tomato Windmills from Harald Walker on Vimeo.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.