Beet Salad with Pear Chutney and Pomegranate
The pear chutney is what makes this tasty salad special. It tastes and lovely as it is to look at .
Serving Size: 4
- 3 med. beets, cooked sliced with a spiralizer or 1 can shoestring beets
- 2 pears
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- splash vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- small pinch salt
- pomegranate seeds as garnish
- Peel the beets and cook whole, either by boiling or roasting.
- Cut with a spiralizer or alternatively in matchsticks with a mandolin.
- Cut the onion very finely.
- Heat the oil in a small sauce pan and add the onions.
- Peel the pears, and remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- When the onions become soft and glassy add the pears, vinegar, sugar and ginger.
- Cook until the pears soften.
- Mix and mash well using a fork.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. You may want to add other seasonings as clove or a dash of cayenne, however I wanted the chutney to remain white.
- Serve the beets on a small bed of lettuce, with the pear chutney over the beets.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.