VPP – Vegan Pumpkin Pudding
What a tasty treat this made today on World Vegan Day! It is really quick and easy to make even from scratch from a fresh real pumpkin.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 & 3/4 cup soy milk (either plain or vanilla)
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (or pumpkin pie spices)
- Soy whipping cream
- Handful walnuts chopped and 1 tablespoon maple syrup as optional garnish
This is a very easy recipe to make. I used 1/2 of a small uchi kuri pumpkin (also known as Hokkaido) for the puree. As it was organic, I merely cut it in small pieces and steamed it. Within 5-6 minutes it was soft enough to puree. But canned pumpkin puree is also fine for the recipe.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the soy milk carefully, stirring constantly to make sure it does not scald.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch mixture and stir well to mix.
- Add the pumpkin puree and stir well.
- Add the seasonings, salt and vanilla as well as spices.
- As the mixture becomes thick and bubbly, stir well, and remove from the heat.
- Pour into 4 parfait glasses.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for half an hour to 2 hours.
- Garnish the pudding with a dollop of Soyatoo soy whipping cream and a few chopped walnuts with maple syrup.
It made a lovely pudding. If I was to use it for pumpkin pie, I would add vegan egg replacement to make it firmer so that it could be cut as a pie.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.