Beet and Pomegranate Salad
This pretty salad was a lovely addition to our dinner tonight. We really enjoyed the flavors as well as the colors. Shoestring shaped beets have been a longtime favorite of ours and we were happy to be able to make them ourselves with a spiralizer.
Serving Size: 4
- 3-4 medium beets
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate concentrate
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sambal ulek
- 2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1-2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch salt
- Cook the beets in your preferred manner – boiled or roasted.
- Peel when cooled.
- If you have a spiralizer, you can make shoestrings or spaghetti lengths. Otherwise, dice the peeled beets in small cubes.
- Place the prepared beets in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Chop the cilantro leaves.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and cilantro to the beets.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss to mix.
This salad would work well with raw beets, for those that enjoy completely raw salads.