Beet and Pomegranate Salad
This pretty salad was a lovely addition to our dinner tonight. We really enjoyed the flavors as well as the colors. Shoestring shaped beets have been a longtime favorite of ours and we were happy to be able to make them ourselves with a spiralizer.
Serving Size: 4
- 3-4 medium beets
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate concentrate
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sambal ulek
- 2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1-2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch salt
- Cook the beets in your preferred manner – boiled or roasted.
- Peel when cooled.
- If you have a spiralizer, you can make shoestrings or spaghetti lengths. Otherwise, dice the peeled beets in small cubes.
- Place the prepared beets in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Chop the cilantro leaves.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and cilantro to the beets.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss to mix.
This salad would work well with raw beets, for those that enjoy completely raw salads.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.