French Fries with Vegan Cheddar Spinach Dip
Potatoes always go well with spinach and this yummy snack or lunch really proves it. What a tasty dip this made for the French Fries.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 package frozen French fries
- 10 ounces /280 grams frozen spinach
- 1 cup vegan cheddar sauce
for the cheddar sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1-3 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- splash lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- splash Tabasco
- pinch sugar or agave
to make the cheddar sauce:
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir to mix.
- Add the soy milk and stir to bed a thick sauce.
- Add the salt, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powders, stir well to mix.
- Remove from the heat and add the miso, lemon juice and mustard.
- Season to taste with a pinch of sugar and possibly some white pepper if desired.
for the spinach dip:
- Thaw and drain the spinach and place in a bowl.
- Add the cheddar sauce and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Season to taste with additional salt, lemon juice or mustard.
Cook the French fries according to the instructions on the package.
We prefer oven baked.
Serve the fries with a small bowl of dip.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.