Wholewheat Spaghetti with Roasted Cauliflower and Smoked Tofu Pieces
Roasted Cauliflower is our new favorite flavor, and it really shines with wholewheat pasta. We’ve enjoyed this meal a couple of times now and were looking forward to sharing it with you.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ounces dry wholewheat spaghetti
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal ulek (optional)
- 10 ounces smoked tofu pieces of choice
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional but nice)
- handfull parsley, chopped
- vegan cheese to grate on top
- few red pepper flakes as garnish and flavor
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 204 C.
- Cut the cauliflower in small florets.
- Place in a oven-proof baking dish.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over and toss to mix.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven to roast for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the cauliflower is roasting.
- Melt the vegan margarine and the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the minced garlic and keep the temperature low.
- If using the sambal, add it and and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the smoked tofu pieces. and mix well.
- Add 1/2 the chopped parsley and mix.
- Add the 1/4 cup of white wine and mix to make a light sauce.
- Keep the heat on warm.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the spaghetti.
- When the spaghetti is cooked al dente, drain in a colander and return the spaghetti to the pot.
- As the cauliflower is done, remove from the oven.
- At this point you can prepare the meal, as you wish to present it.
- You can toss all together in a big pot. Then place it in a large serving bowl and grate the vegan cheese on top add the parsley and chili flakes.
- Or, you can serve the spaghetti as individual servings, with a portion of the garlicky smoked tofu drizzled on top, then the roasted cauliflower and garnished as above with the chopped parsley grated vegan cheese and red pepper flakes.