Wholewheat Spaghetti with Roasted Cauliflower and Smoked Tofu Pieces
Roasted Cauliflower is our new favorite flavor, and it really shines with wholewheat pasta. We’ve enjoyed this meal a couple of times now and were looking forward to sharing it with you.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ounces dry wholewheat spaghetti
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal ulek (optional)
- 10 ounces smoked tofu pieces of choice
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional but nice)
- handfull parsley, chopped
- vegan cheese to grate on top
- few red pepper flakes as garnish and flavor
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 204 C.
- Cut the cauliflower in small florets.
- Place in a oven-proof baking dish.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over and toss to mix.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven to roast for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the cauliflower is roasting.
- Melt the vegan margarine and the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the minced garlic and keep the temperature low.
- If using the sambal, add it and and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the smoked tofu pieces. and mix well.
- Add 1/2 the chopped parsley and mix.
- Add the 1/4 cup of white wine and mix to make a light sauce.
- Keep the heat on warm.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the spaghetti.
- When the spaghetti is cooked al dente, drain in a colander and return the spaghetti to the pot.
- As the cauliflower is done, remove from the oven.
- At this point you can prepare the meal, as you wish to present it.
- You can toss all together in a big pot. Then place it in a large serving bowl and grate the vegan cheese on top add the parsley and chili flakes.
- Or, you can serve the spaghetti as individual servings, with a portion of the garlicky smoked tofu drizzled on top, then the roasted cauliflower and garnished as above with the chopped parsley grated vegan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.