Sweet Spicy Pumpkin Salad
This is a great salad. It’s quick and easy to make, and really tastes delicious. You may want to make a double portion as it will disappear quickly.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 & 1/2 lb. pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- handful Italian parsley, chipped
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet spicy sauce
- Prepare the pumpkin early enough to cool before serving.
- Peel the pumpkin or squash. Remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Steam the pumpkin until soft yet al dente and still holding its shapes. (5-8 minutes)
- Place the cooked pumpkin pieces in a bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the onion in thin slices.
- Heat the oil and saute the onion until soft.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Chop the parsley, leaving a few leaves as garnish.
- Add the onion slices and chopped parsley to the pumpkin and gently toss to mix.
- Place the salad on a plate or in a bowl and drizzle the Thai sauce on top.
- Garnish with a few parsley leaves.
- We also sprinkled a few red pepper flakes as garnish.
We used an Uchiki Kuri pumpkin, although it would be good with any pumpkin or winter squash, such as butternut.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.