Green Bean and Walnut Salad with Soy Cheese Pieces
This lovely salad has a really nice dressing to go along with it. The mixture of beans, walnuts, soy cheese and orange dressing was very tasty.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 & 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup soy cheese, grated, cubed or crumbled
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 orange, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut or sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and trim the green beans. Slice in the size and shape that you prefer.
- Bring a pot of water to boil with a steamer basket.
- Steam the green beans al dente (about 5-10 minutes depending on the size and shape).
- When the green beans are cooked, plunge them into icy cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When they have cooled, drain them and place in a large serving bowl.
- Cut the red onion in fine pieces and add to the green beans.
- Squeeze the orange and place in a carafe or small mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and either the walnut or sesame oil.
- Add the salt, pepper and mustard.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with any additional seasonings you prefer.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and onions and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes to 4 hours.
- Shortly before serving, cut the soy cheese in small pieces or grate and add to the salad.
- Add the walnut pieces and mix well.
- Serve the salad in individual bowls or on a bed of lettuce.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.