Vegan Zucchini Lasagne Salad
This was a delicious meal. It would be lovely at a brunch or buffet.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 lasagne sheets
- 2-3 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. tofu
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 large onions, finely minced or grated
- 2 handfuls mixed fresh herbs (parsley, mint, chives, dill, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the vegan cream cheese spread by crumbling the tofu into a food processor or blender.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar and agave.
- Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add the tahini and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegan cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Finely mince or grate the onions and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Finely chop the mixed herbs and mix into the the cream cheese.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini.
- Using a lasagna sheet, cut the zucchini so that the slices will fit, evenly covering the width of the lasagne.
- Using a vegetables peeler slice the zucchini in very thin slices.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Separate the lasagne sheets and cook until soft.
- Be sure to gently stir the lasagne or they will stick together.
- To build, place a lasagna sheet on the bottom of a platter.
- Spread some of the herbed vegan cream cheese evenly on top.
- Lay zucchini slices evenly, overlapping across the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Add the next layer of lasagne pasta and continue laying the cream cheese mixture and zucchini slices.
- We used 4 layers of each for each lasagne.
- The top layer will be the overlapping zucchini.
- Continue to make all 4 of the lasaganes
- Garnish with chives and mint leaves.
- Carefully slice the lasagne in ½ with a good sharp knife to serve each individual.
- We enjoyed this hearty meal cold. It was surprisingly filling.