Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Red Grapes, Dried Cranberries, Avocado and Non-Dairy Feta
This is a really delicious salad. The combination of sweet potato, grapes, sriracha and the salty vegan feta was great.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 large avocado
- 1-2 cups arugula
- handful fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- non-dairy feta crumbled (tofu soaked in brine)
to prepare the tofu feta:
- 1-2 days before you plant to make the salad, prepare the tofu feta.
- Cut s block of firm tofu into small cubes.
- Cover with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon miso, 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon vinegar and some Italian herbs.
- Cover and allow the feta to flavor for at least 4 hours, overnight or for a day or 2 in the refrigerator.
to make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF / 205ºC.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Place on a baking parchment treated baking sheet drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and toss a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, wash the grapes and cut in half.
- In a small bowl, place the lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the sriracha sauce and mix well.
- Trim the long stems from the arugula and chop those that are too large.
- Place the dried cranberries in the dressing to swell a little.
- When the potato pieces have cooled, place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the dressing with the cranberries and gently mix.
- Add the grapes and gently mix.
- Shortly before serving the salad, chop and add the arugula.
- Peel the avocado and cut into bite sized pieces and add to the salad.
- Season the salad to taste.
- Serve the salad with the vegan feta crumbled on top.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.