White Bean and Spinach Soup
This is one of our favorite winter soups. It’s very quick and easy to make and so satisfying and healthy.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, drained
- pinch Italian herbs
- large handful baby leaf spinach, washed and spun dried
- to taste salt, pepper and cayenne
- Peel and chop the carrots.
- Chop the celery.
- Chop the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the carrots and sauté until softened.
- Add the celery and onions and continue to sauté.
- When the celery has become softened and the onion glassy, add the vegetable bouillon.
- Add the garlic.
- Drain the liquid from the beans and add to the cooking soup.
- Add the Italian seasonings.
- Shortly before you are ready to serve, add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and perhaps some cayenne.
- Optionally you can add some nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan.