Gnocchi with Winter Squash, Spinach and Vegan Feta
We’ve always enjoyed gnocchi with various vegetables and sauces. This was a first time with the winter squash and goodness, it was tasty.
Serving Size: 4
- 1- 16 ounce package prepared gnocchi
- 16 ounces winter squash, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces baby leaf spinach
- 4 ounces vegan feta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- few ref pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean prepare and de-seed your squash, cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the squash pieces in a steam and steam for 7 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- If you prefer to roast them in the oven, then toss the pieces with a bit of olive oil and roast in the oven until they begin to soften.
- Remove from the steamer and set aside.
- Clean and spin dry the spinach leaves.
- Mince the garlic
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the gnocchi and fry until they are lightly golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Add the spinach leaves and continue to stir and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
- Remove from the heat and add the crumbled vegan feta.
- Sprinkle a few red pepper flakes and season to taste with salt and pepper.