Tomato Bruschetta with Vegan Feta Spread
As we are coming up to party season, we would like to offer some quick and easy ideas for finger foods or appetizers. Bruschetta are always a welcome favorite. We keep a fresh supply of our favorite home made vegan feta on hand to use in salads as well as other dishes.
Yield: 12-18 slices
- 1 baguette
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 or 7 ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces vegan feta cheese (recipe)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt
- handful basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the tomatoes and roughly chop.
- Mix the vegan feta cheese with the non-dairy yogurt to make a smooth spread (I use a fork to mix).
- Slice the baguette in ½ inch rounds
- Brush each side of each slice with the olive oil.
- Grill the slices until lightly toasty golden on each side.
- Remove from the grill and spread with the vegan feta spread.
- Place a generous teaspoon of chopped tomatoes on top of the feta spread.
- Add a basil leaf to each slice and grind a bit of black pepper.