Spicy Vegan Parmesan Walnuts
These spicy walnuts are really tasty. They are a great and healthy vegan alternative to store bough snacks. They are not really a “hot” spicy unless you add extra cayenne. They taste great and are easy to make.
Yield: 1½ cups
- 8 ounces walnuts, shelled
- 4 ounces vegan Parmesan*
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 pinches cayenne powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons aquafaba
- Have your walnut pieces prepared (shelled).
- Preheat the oven to 120 C (250 F) and place a sheet of baking parchment on a cookie sheet
- Mix your vegan Parmesan and add the other ingredients for the spicy walnut flavoring.
- Beat the aquafaba until it is light and airy and can hold some peaks. It does not need to be really stiff though.
- Pour the beaten aquafaba over the walnuts and mix well so that each nut os covered.
- Add in the Parmesan mixture and again, toss and mix well so each nut is covered with the spicy mixture.
- Spread the nuts on the baking parchment. Spread the nuts thinly enough that they don’t touch one another or are not piled on top of each other.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven, allow to cool and place in an airtight container.
* I make mine from nut flour; almond, hazelnut or walnut plus nutritional yeast, a pinch of salt, dry mustard, nutmeg, garlic powder and onion powder.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.