Lemony spinach with cashew pieces
A quick and tasty way to serve fresh spinach. The nuts add not only a nice crunch, but are also a good source of protein.
Serving Size: 4
- 300 grams fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 25 grams cashew nuts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the spinach and dry (I use a salad spinner).
- Using a small grater, zest the lemon, then juice it.
- Heat a large frying pan or a wok.
- Add the olive oil and the garlic, lightly saute the garlic.
- Add the spinach and saute for less than 1 minute, only until it has wilted and is still bright green.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the zest and cashew nuts on top and serve.