Lentil, walnut & celery salad
Lentils are really a super food. You can do so much with them. Here we have brown lentils featured in a salad. It’s nice and crunchy with the celery and walnut pieces, and tastes even better on the 2nd day.
Serving Size: 4
- 8 ounces lentils
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cook the lentils with some salt, cumin and a bay leaf.
- Cook until tender but not too soft about 7 min. depending on what sort of lentils they are.
- Drain and cool (discard the bay leaf ).
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and add to the lentils.
- Prepare the dressing and pour over the lentils.
- This is great warm or cold.