Warm asparagus and avocado salad
This lovely salad really shouts green and healthy!
Serving Size: 4
- 250 grams fresh green asparagus
- 1 large fresh avocado
- 100 grams sugar snap pea pods
- 5 scallions
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tbs. oil
for the dressing
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 3 tbs. sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs. walnut oil
- 2 tbs. soy cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh sprouts as garnish
- Remove the hard woody part of the stems of the asparagus.
- Cut the asparagus in thirds. Kook the asparagus in boiling water with a bit of salt for about 5 minutes or until cooked al dente. Pour off the water and plunge the asparagus into cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Pour off the cold water and place the asparagus in a bowl.
- Cut the sugar snap pea pods in half. Cook them in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the water off and plunge the pea pods in cold water.
- Add the pea pods to the asparagus.
- Peel the avocado, cut in half and remove the nut.
- Cut the avocado in bite sized pieces, into a bowl with lemon juice.
- Heat the oil, and bake the asparagus and sugar snaps to re-warm them.
- Add the sliced scallions and mix all together.
- Place the warm vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Warm the salald dressing and wish the ingredients together.
- Put the avocado pieces as the top layer over the warm vegetables.
- Pour the salad dressing over the vegetables and garnish with the spouts.
It’s enough to be a light meal for two, with a nice whole grain bread on the side.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.