Vegan Green Bean Casserole
A favorite at pot luck dinners as well as holiday feasts. This simple casserole is always nice, especially with freshly harvested beans.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 cups green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- Clean and cut the green beans in any shape you enjoy (on a diagonal, French cut, or snap whatever).
- Slice the water chestnuts
- Steam the beans slightly for 2-23 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 (F).
- Place the beans in an oiled casserole dish.
- Mix in the fried onions. (Save a few to sprinkle on top just before serving.
- Mix in the water chestnuts.
- In a bowl, mix the soy yogurt, the powdered vegetable bouillon and the soy sauce.
- Pour over the beans and onions and mix well.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly.
- Take the casserole out of the oven, sprinkle a few fried onions over the top as garnish.
- It’s been my experience that the fried onions a a topping tend to overcook in the oven. The ones mixed in the dish are fine, but the ones on top tend to get almost burnt so it’s better to sprinkle them on top after you take the casserole out of the oven.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.