Pasta with Fresh Asparagus and Garlicky Walnut Sauce
This was such a delightful dinner. It was full of flavor and very filling, yet not heavy. A great way to enjoy asparagus when it’s in season.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. spiral pasta
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6-8 slices vegan cold cut (smoky taste)
- 4 tablespoons fine olive oil (or walnut oil)
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- pinch cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the asparagus and cut off the woody stem end.
- Cut the asparagus in bite sized pieces.
- Slice the garlic in fine thin slices
- Chop the walnuts
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the pasta.
- In a separate pan, bring a lightly salted water to boil and cook the asparagus al dente.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil, add the garlic and walnuts. Keep the oil warm, but do not over-cook the garlic as it becomes bitter when browned.
- Cut the vegan cold cut into small bite-sized pieces and add to the walnut garlic sauce.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the oil with garlic, walnuts and vegan cold cut pieces to the pasta and mix well.
- Add the cayenne, and nutritional yeast and again mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shortly before serving, drain the asparagus and add to the pasta. Gently mix the asparagus so s not to damage the tender pieces.
- Serve the pasta and enjoy.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.