Fennel, Pear and Walnut Salad with Soy Cheese
Pears and fennel are a lovely combination together. We enjoyed this light, crispy salad this evening. It was especially nice with the soy cheese, and the ground fennel seeds in the dressing.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced or shaved
- 2 pears, thinly sliced or shaved
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- small chunk soy cheese, grated or shaved
for the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- pinch salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon freshly ground fennel seeds
- Make the dressage first.
- Combine the walnut oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and agave syrup in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Grind the fennel seeds and add to the dressing.
- Whisk to blend well. Taste and season according to your preference,
- Chop the walnuts and toast in a dry pan.
- Once the walnuts are toasted, remove from the pan and place in a small bowl until needed.
- Slice the core off the bottom of the fennel.
- Cut the fennel bulb in half, and slice very thinly or shave using a mandolin.
- If your pears are organic, you can leave the skin on if desired, otherwise, peel the pears then slice thinly.
- Mix the pears and fennel slices together and mix in a tabletop of dressing to coast evenly and retard discoloration.
- Divide the salad onto four individual plates.
- Sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top and shave or grate the soy cheese on top salad.
- Serve the salad with a carat of the dressing on the side.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.